Re: [OM] Nikon Scan is dead after upgrade to Mac OS 10.6

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon Scan is dead after upgrade to Mac OS 10.6
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:33:13 -0800
Michael Wong wrote:
> Have found some information from internet, says Nikon Scan is incompatible
> with Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.
> http://zh-hk.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=153797833764
>
> Nikon seems forget many users for her Scanner .......
> http://help.nikon.ca/app/answers/detail/a_id/15900/~/will-nikon-software-be-compatible-with-mac-os-10.6-%28snow-leopard%29%3F
>
> Oh! My God! Do I return back to Mac OS 10.5.8?

I know little about Macs and their OS. Is it possible, as it is on a PC,
to have multiple boot OSs? Boot with 10.5.8 for NikonScan and the latest
version for everything else? Or get an old, cheap, used Mac with old OS
just to run the scanner?

Both awkward, I know. As others have said, Ed Hamrick will probably
promptly address any problem with running batch scans using VueScan.

Moose