Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?

Subject: Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:18:40 -0400
I asked the photographer if it was a digital image and he responded:

"john, thank you for your interest, and yes that one is digital.
paul"

What's meant by "digital image" is the question. Whether produced digitally
in the camera or produced from a digital image that was created by scanning
a medium or large format film negative.

I can produce 500MB digital images from 6cm x 7cm negatives scanned with a
Nikon Coolscan 9000. Would the 500MB digital image, when properly worked on,
scaled down, etc be good or large enough to produce a 48" x 22" print with
incredible detail?

jh