[OM] How do I use chemical process print paper profiles in PhotoShop?

Subject: [OM] How do I use chemical process print paper profiles in PhotoShop?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:44:39 -0500
I recently ordered some 6x9, 8x12 and 10x15 prints from Adorama.  I
ordered from Adorama since they were offering some attractive prices.  I
also noticed that they were offering profiles for the papers they use.
I was particulary interested in the Kodak Endura Luster and Silk papers.
  Previously I've only ordered from Miller's Lab or Mpix who manage to
produce proper color from my sRGB files regardless of the paper.

I downloaded all of Adorama's profiles without giving much thought to
how they are to be used.  But when it came time to prepare my order I
realized I didn't know how I was supposed to use them in PhotoShop.  I
have experience in using custom profiles for my own printer/paper/ink
combinations where the profile is essentially an output filter between
PhotoShop and my specific printer.  I don't alter the image from what I
see on my screen but simply tell PhotoShop to manage the output to the
printer using a specific profile.

But since I'm not outputting to a printer I suddenly realized that I
couldn't simply view in sRGB on my calibrated monitor yet somehow
magically produce a custom output form for a specific Kodak paper.

So, how is this done?  Do I need to preview the monitor image using the
output profile for the paper in question rather than my standard sRGB?
Do I need to tweak the colors I see on screen as filtered through the
paper profile until they look to my eye like the original sRGB profile?
  Or do I need to generate an output file that is filtered through the
paper profile in a manner similar to generating the output data that
goes to my inkjet printer?  I'm mystified and not a little startled that
I don't know how to do this.

Anyhow, I ordered my prints from Adorama and got a good price and some
nice looking prints... except for the fact that they have a very slight
greenish cast.  My wife didn't even notice the green cast so the prints
are perfectly usable but I assume that, had I used the proper paper
profile that the green cast wouldn't be there.

ps:  What's different between Miller's/Mpix and Adorama?  Why doesn't
Adorama say just send us sRGB and we'll adjust the color through our
profiles based on your paper selection?

A more ignorant the I thought
Chuck Norcutt