Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 46: Algar and Pedreguer

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 46: Algar and Pedreguer
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:01:11 -0800
Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Thanks! As always, it is an honor to have one of my images deemed worthy of
> the Moose's time. In this case, I find your version a bit overdone, but
> obviously you are working off a web-sized JPEG with the limitations that this
> entails.

Thanks for the thanks, and I'm glad you understand the limitations.
There's also a limit to the amount of time and effort I find worthwhile
expending on a limited source file.

I mostly mess with images like this for my own learning and amusement. I
really owe a lot of gratitude to those on this list for posting so many
different sorts of images and either enjoying or at least tolerating
what I do to them. To the extent that I've learned to  make PS, et.al.
sing and dance at least a little, a great deal of the learning is due to
working with images I'd never have had on my own.

That said, the alternate visions of small JPEGs like this that I post
are almost never meant as final statements. The limitations you mention
and I typed above make that impossible. They are meant more as
indicators, idea sparkers, of what is possible. I admit I get a thrill
when someone gets new ideas about what is possible in their images and
successfully applies them.

I sometimes get frustrated when I post something meant, and I say so, to
illustrate only one thing, then get posts about how other aspects aren't
right. Not enough to stop me, it appears. :-)

And then there's the differences in what we see on our various systems.
I'm sometimes convinced that many differences of opinion about images
like this would lessen or disappear if we were looking at the same
monitor. :-)

Moose