Re: [OM] 5D II pattern noise problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 5D II pattern noise problem
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:10:08 -0500
Simple.  I don't use DPP because I don't like to use DPP.  I think its
usage is rather primitive relative to ACR.  I also don't lend much
credence to your test image because it's 4 stops down.  I wouldn't be
trying to recover that.  I find it curious that the black parts of the
image (already near 0) can be 4 stops down yet be recovered by DPP.  CS4
is showing 0 for those parts which is what I would expect.  Is DPP
inventing numbers?  It has produced a slightly graduated scale of dark
grays but how did it do that?  What are the values of those dark
grays/blacks before boosting?

Chuck Norcutt