Re: [OM] P&S - narrowed the list

Subject: Re: [OM] P&S - narrowed the list
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:31:19 -0600
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> So would I - but I thought this thread was on digital P&S ... , the
> Stylus I'm referring to are those which started with the 720SW, and
> are now 8000, and named Tough.
> Think those always come with a 3x zoom only.
>
> Fernando.
>
> 2009/12/2 Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> I prefer my standard fixed-length Stylus over the zoom.  The Sylus Zoom,
>> which I also have, was a lot bulkier and I really don't like the little
>> flash that pops up.

Ahh.

Oops.  Yes, this thread is about digital.  I got all confused...

I handled one of those this past weekend, and they do, in fact, feel
very solid.

However, one of the things I'd really like is good low-light
performance, and the Fuji seems to do much better than the Olympii.

That's really the one thing about my E-1 that makes me jealous of the
Canyon guys - I often have opportunity to shoot friends in concert, and
I'm always struggling with the low-light limitations of the E-1.  But
the ergonomics and other-than-low-light IQ keeps me happy.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard