Re: [OM] OT: Google Wave

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Google Wave
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:08:46 +0200
Well now, Ken, very little if any of the 'power' in my life is
directly in the
hands of any of the organisations you have mentioned.

Of course I use Google to do web searching most of the time, although
I do use others.
But I do not use them to host any of my information, which I rather
host personally.
I do not use Microsoft operating systems or products, I prefer open-
source (and Apple,
I must admit, which is another archetypical evil company).
I have no idea what TRW is (hence I do not use it).
I make minimal, if any, use of a credit card,
and our government here in South Africa has no what
you first-world-dwellers would call decent healthcare program :-)

By law, the primary purpose of a publically-traded corporation is to
make profit
for its shareholders. Any shareholder can take a corporation to court
if, for example,
the corporation took steps (such as doing e.g. a "good deed") which
caused a drop in the
shareholder's investment. There reverse is not true, however.

I don't want to sound anti-globalisation or anything, but there is no
denying that the
legal framework that governs publicly traded corporations are
inherently evil and damaging to
mankind as a whole.

You only have to look at the history of a corporation such as General
Electric, too see a vivid
illustration of what I mean.

On 02 Dec 2009, at 6:35 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

>> P.S. I am greatly concerned about the inherent power people place in
>> the hands of a single corporation like Google (who is by law
>> mandated to
<snip>