Re: [OM] OT: Google Wave

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Google Wave
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 14:08:40 +0000
Dawid

Thanks for that clarification, but it's not a legal requirement to maximise the
profits, merely what the shareholders will expect or they will take their
capital elsewhere.

I sympathise with your wariness of corporations, especially large ones.  I base
my support for Google on my (perhaps naive) belief in the moral rectitude of
its management.  Combined with that is the efficacy of its projects: I enjoy
using each of its gizmos.  My antipathy towards Microsoft, on the other hand is
based on the opposite qualities: I mistrust it and their products are, for the
most part, bad or no fun to use.

I am tempted to read that book, but I hesitate on the grounds of trying
maintain a certain good humour in these dark winter months.  I am naturallly
biased against large money-making enterprises and I am not sure that I want
that bias vindicated.  There is enough to do so in the newspapers in this
country -- witness large bonus payments to bankers whose jobs are based on the
taxpayers' bailout only last year.

Now look what you've done, Dawid: you've made me swear in public, "bankers!".

Chris
;-)