Re: [OM] Separated Zuiko 250/2, was: Inside the Zuiko 300mm F4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Separated Zuiko 250/2, was: Inside the Zuiko 300mm F4.5
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:51:58 +0100
Hi Wayne and all,

From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Looks like the old O-Nikkor

Yes, it is. Pre-AI, of course.

>regret selling it now as it looked so cool on an F2

Oh, _that_ F2, I see.

>and performance seemed
>pretty good too.

I had two of these, but IMHO none seemed to perform great... more or less
like the Zuiko 35/2 :-(

IME, the best 35/2 for SLRs is the Russian Mir-24, followed closely by the
Canon FDn (not the older FD-SSC).

There were some radioactive lenses in this category (I tried Canon and
Super-Takumar) with great sharpness and contrast... but with a severe yellow
tone.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)