Re: [OM] Ellipsis, was: Speaking of paradigms

Subject: Re: [OM] Ellipsis, was: Speaking of paradigms
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:09:32 +0100
Hi Andrew and all,

From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Actually my Mac keyboard does have 'alt' printed small just above
>'option'.

Yes, I think the oldest Mac keyboards had no 'alt' printed, just 'option'
and/or the "knocked down chair" symbol -- which indeed represents an
"alternative way".

Another symbol which disappeared in recent Apple keyboards is... the Apple
at the 'command' key -- now replaced with 'cmd' and the traditional helix
(?) symbol.

>Anywho the option+full point (dot) gives me a mathematical symbol -
>'greater than' sign with underline which means I know not what.

Then, it's just a matter of different regional layouts -- your keyboar
should have '<' and '>' over ',' and '.' but the Spanish layout puts them in
a separate key, left from the 'z'!

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)