Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: point and shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: point and shoot
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:05:33 +0000
This is utter rubbish, Andrew!  It's a good example of the dunny you might find
on Wikipedia.  It remained a "concentration" whether it was the British or the
Germans.  And what is "enormous negative connotation" in English?

I am surprised that a man of your learning and erudition would stoop to using
it to make an argument ...

Chris
:-)
"For example, the term "concentration camp", to describe camps used to confine
civilian members of the Boer community in close (concentrated) quarters, was
used by the British during the Second Boer War, primarily because it sounded
bland and inoffensive. Despite the high death rates in the British
concentration camps, the term remained acceptable as a euphemism. However,
after the Third Reich used the expression to describe its death camps, the term
gained enormous negative connotation."