Re: [OM] Wish to entry large format field

Subject: Re: [OM] Wish to entry large format field
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:56:55 +1100
The accepted lag is 7 seconds and works well. I use it so that I'm not
tempted to get into bidding wars - and because for me here, many
interesting auctions end at inconvenient times.
However a friend just missed out on a nice Widelux because he bid a
whole number - he put in $1200 and so did someone else - the other guy
got it because his bid got in first. People tend to set their limit at
a clear threshold so I never bid a whole number but go one increment
above it - $101.50 or something like that. I've won a number of
auctions by that 50¢ - I've also lost when I had a higher bid but not
higher by one increment point.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx