[OM] (OM) OT A-Data USB Flash drive

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT A-Data USB Flash drive
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 22:41:29 +1300
Hi all,

As a temporary solution to my digital image storage problems, I took about
half my E-1 images from my hard drive and placed them on an  A-Data USB
2.0 Flash drive E704 - 16 GB.

I possibly looked at them once using Windows Explorer after storage, to
make sure they were there.

Until a few nights ago when I looked at them also with FastStone Image
Viewer.

Now, Windows Explorer tells me that the drive is unformatted, and do I want
to format it now?  NOT.  A friend's XP laptop tells me the same.

Actually, I told a lie.  I bought two of these Flash Drives, and made two
backup copies of about 36 x 72 images (give or take 100%).  As far as I
know the 2nd backup drive is OK but I'm rather scared to open it. Certainly
not with FastStone.

Any comment /  similar experiences with FastStone will be listened to
seriously.

Thanks.

Brian Swale.