Re: [OM] Fall is Over

Subject: Re: [OM] Fall is Over
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:58:52 -0500
Moose wrote:
> I very much enjoyed this set of images. I don't want to pick a favorite,
> as there are many I like.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the set.

  You have really come a long way in preparing
> images for the web.

Moose, you and others on this list have been excellent teachers. I have
just followed instructions and adapted what I have learned here.
Thank you all!

> I've been so long in getting around to commenting because I wanted to
> find something. I still don't know where my MC Escher book  is, but I
> found the drawing on the web.
>
> The 9K04-20 image that so many have admired is a favorite of mine too.
> But it nagged at me for a bit until I made the connection to an Escher
> drawing, "Three Worlds"
> <http://media.photobucket.com/image/mc%20escher%20pictures/andrew_c19/games/escher_3worlds.jpg>

http://nfs.nfshost.com/ja-topic/09/Fall09J/slides/9K04-20.html

The similarity is amazing and the drawing rings a (tiny dull) bell. I
might have taken the shot to mimic the image stashed away in my
subconscious.

I could have seen the drawing in  "Godel, Escher and Bach" by Douglas
Hofstadter which I read many years ago and forgot until you mentioned
Escher. If only someone would develop a "find the book at home" ap.

Thanks again,
Russ Butler