Re: [OM] A wee bit of snow

Subject: Re: [OM] A wee bit of snow
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:19:34 +0100
A friend of mine went home after drinking a bit too much pre christmas
cheer (last year) and went he thought straight to bed until he checked
his email in the morning and found an email from eboy saying
congratulations  you have one - a model T ford, he says he vaguely
remembered something about sitting at his computer the night before -
anyway the said car he discovered was in the US of A . He got it put on
a boat and shipped to the UK from where it needed a lot of work doing
before he could drive it back to switzerland.  I thought I was impulsive
until I heard about this. It was a very expensive finger slip ;-) .

So although I said it in jest - I would love a restoration project to do
with my son's, my wife would love the idea better it if the project was
an old  VW bus whereas I personally have always hankered after a Karmann
Ghia (or even better a Ferarri) to tinker with, but maybe shipping costs
will in any case make it impractical.

Ian