Re: [OM] IMG: LE1CA Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: LE1CA Photo
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:02:44 +0100
Hi Jim and all,

From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Focusing ease seems to be a function of focal length, with the 60mm
focusing with ease, and the 28mm more of a challenge, >particularly in low
light.

As expected on a matte field without focusing aids. As you already know,
with rangefinders it's just the opposite: I find my Bessa-T unnecessarily
accurate while focusing the 21mm F4...

>The linked image is one of my first with the 28.
>
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Table+Top.jpg.html>

Despite not being state-of-the-art, the "old" E-1 may provide quite
acceptable high-ISO performance -- it does have a film-grain-like noise that
seems more acceptable to me. Your sample proves that.

By the way, I usually find your pictures somewhat oversharpened (to my
taste). Maybe you're compensating some "fuzzyness" in your system, or is it
some issue with the web gallery?

However, this last one was (like most of your pics) a very pleasant image.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)