[OM] New OS vs Old Hardware

Subject: [OM] New OS vs Old Hardware
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:42:39 -0500
  I recently upgraded my computer to Win 7 64-bit.  In general there
were no problems with programs or drivers - In General.
My one major problem was the driver for my Minolta Scan Dual II
slide/film scanner, results as follows:
  First of all, the original driver is not acceptable by my new OS, just
won't work.  I had bad thoughts like new scanner required.
  Minolta no longer owns that segment of the business, so no support
from them.
  New owner didn't make it and has no intention of supporting it.
I now was faced with the possibility of having to retrograde my OS just
to scan my slides.  Having a second OS just to run one program didn't
seem attractive to me.

  I noticed, on an old trial copy of Vuescan, that I had noted that it
had it's own driver.  I went to the Vuescan site and downloaded a trial
version of the latest program.
My problem is now solved, the included driver works fine in Win7 64-bit.
Rand E