Re: [OM] OT: G11 review [wasBefore you go, Moose ...]

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: G11 review [wasBefore you go, Moose ...]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 03:22:36 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Since long I've been wondering what does the acronym IQ stands for in this
> context.

Image Quality. Simply a way of shortening something that would be typed
over and over again. Not an absolute, of course, but certainly
encompassing sharpness, color, tonal balance and distribution, dynamic
range, grain/noise and so on. Different people will have different ideas
of what parts of it are most desirable.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Wikipedia entry, or any sort of
data stream modualtion/encoding, as far as I know.

Moose