Re: [OM] OM 5Di

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 5Di
From: khen lim <khen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:49:33 +0800
2009/12/18 Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Alright - I'll look into it. Short run of black chrome with about ten
> gold?
> Taking orders now at $2000 apiece.
>
> I know Michaels Museum well - in fact, I found myself sharing shooting
> space on the pavement with Michaels Jnr. when I was testing the then
> new E-330 many moons ago.

Which Junior are you referring to? Alan has three sons - Tony, Peter and
Robin in order of eldest to youngest. I was closest to Tony.

K.

> Their prices for 2nd hand gear are ruinous.

Michaels used to rule the 2nd market during my days. With that huge corner
window running the side of Lonsdale Street, they had just about anything but
then Camera Exchange came up and offered interesting and worthy competition.
Then Camera Action down the right - with Paul Clayton and Tony Garcia -
upped the competition again. But in the end, Michaels was still ahead. Maybe
not these days but back then, they were imperious.

K.

> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On 18/12/2009, at 7:05 PM, khen lim wrote:
>
> >> The gold plated Trip - prolly a Russian fake.
> >>

> > Err, Andrew, answer is, again, no. This is no fake. It was presented
> > the patriarch of the company, Mr Michaels, by Olympus Optical Company
> > themselves.
> >

> >> I could probably do one of those myself!
> >>

> > I'm sure a man of your capabilities can do anything...  :)
>
> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney