Re: [OM] transferring mini DV cassette video to CD / DVD

Subject: Re: [OM] transferring mini DV cassette video to CD / DVD
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:18:37 -0400
I added a 3-Port IEEE 1394 PCI host adaptor to my desktop yesterday. The one
original firewire socket is taken up by lead to my film scanner. I also have
an IEEE1394 card bus adaptor. My copy of Pinnacle Studio 14 works quite
nicely taking up content from the cassettes via a firewire between the
camcorder and one of the three firewire sockets but I have yet to edit the
raw data in Pinnacle to see how much distortion there might be and the
extent to which the raw data can be sharpened, etc.

I do not have a home DVD recorder but perhaps should consider one.  Would
exporting the cassette tape data directly to a DVD ensure that the imported
data on the DVD was of higher quality and completeness of content as opposed
to exporting the cassette tape data to the computer via a firewire
connection?

jh