Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Windows XP PC question

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Windows XP PC question
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:30:03 -0600
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel,
>
> Since you seem well versed in this sort of activity, I would like to see if
> you have ever noticed one peculiarity that I see each day.  I use Norton,
> and just updated to the 2010 version.  With both the 2009 and 2010 versions,
> I note that, on the first email that I click on each morning, the computer
> disk activity light is on for 30 to 60 seconds, before the email content is
> displayed.  After the first one, all is normal. ( I turn my system off at
> night, and restart each morning.)
>  Does this have an easy explanation?

Hi Jim,
I hesitate to speculate, and even if I knew a lot about your email
client I'd probably still be speculating.  I'd probably not be too
concerned with the activity that happens when you first open a
program.  I only know what I think I know from the activity of Zone
Alarm, so you might investigate whether that is a program you would
like to use.  It has many satisfied and faithful users -- apparently,
quite a few here on this list!

Best regards,
Joel W.