Re: [OM] Names of birds and mountains

Subject: Re: [OM] Names of birds and mountains
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:03:40 -0500
 From the wiki article:
----------------------
The origin of the current name is controversial. The most common
explanation is that "Grand Teton" means "large teat" in French, named by
either French-Canadian or Iroquois members of an expedition led by
Donald McKenzie of the North West Company.[5] However, other historians
disagree, and claim that the mountain was named after the Teton Sioux
tribe of Native Americans.[6]

Chuck Norcutt