Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Windows XP PC question

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Windows XP PC question
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:02:38 -0600
Chuck,

I was too generic in my information.  You are correct in your comment on the
file that I mentioned.  Fortunately, when I did a more complete lookup using
Task Manager, I found that I mis-stated what I have running on my machine.

I have the following:

svchost.exe:  A MicroSoft generic host process name for services that run
from dll libraries.  It is installed as a part of
                    Windows, and multiple versions can run at the same time.

ccSvcHst.exe:  This is a part of all Norton software packages.

I obviously confused the two in my earlier email.  To the best of my
knowledge, my system is not infected.  I appreciate the effort that you made
as a result of my mistake.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA