Re: [OM] Names of birds and mountains

Subject: Re: [OM] Names of birds and mountains
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:14:05 -0800
Ah well, I guess that leaves us with Twin Peaks in SF,

"Of the 43 hills in San Francisco, Twin Peaks offers the city’s most
spectacular views. The almost identical summits, Noe and Eureka, rise
approximately 922 feet above the city, dwarfed only by Mount Davidson.
Known by the Spaniards as "Los pechos de la Chola" (i.e. the Breasts of
the Indian Maiden), Twin Peaks is ideally located at the geographical
center of San Francisco. On a clear day, visitors are treated to a
360-degree view spanning the Golden Gate to Alcatraz, to Berkeley, to
the peninsula." <http://www.extranomical.com/HTML_PAGES/TWIN_PEAKS.htm>

More amusing to me are the "Bubbles" in Acadia NP. Who came up with that
euphemism?
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=NorthEast_2009/MtDesert/Misc&image=_MG_8455ia.jpg>

They immediately remind you of bubbles, right? ;-)

Moose