Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Windows XP PC question

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Windows XP PC question
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:14:01 -0600
On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Winpatrol is a very informative program, very fast because it is now written
> in Assembly language. And it's one quarter of the size it was 18 months ago.

I have tried Winpatrol at various times and liked it a lot better than
Startup Inspector up to the point where, when I went to find out more
information on the programs it was telling me were running, it went
crippled and wanted to be upgraded to the $$$ version.  I really
accomplish much the same thing with Zone Alarm.  When it tells me what
program wants to do something on my PC or wants to go somewhere on the
internet, I just look up the program via Google if I can't figure out
what it is allied to.  I should pay ZA some money except I never think
of it because the free version does everything I want it to do and I
hate unnecessarily to get locked into the $$$ upgrade path.  It would
just offer to do stuff that's redundant to my system and stick a
taskbar in my browsers.

Joel W.