Re: [OM] One bid wonder

Subject: Re: [OM] One bid wonder
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:37:30 -0600
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Best of all is the shorter lag when pressing the shutter release. It doesn't
> have to do the double-hoppity thing.

Absolutely.  I can't believe I forgot to mention that.  If you want to
do the digital thing and throw continuous exposures at a scene in LV
A, I think you can do that (though I've never tried).

> Agreed. If I recall correctly, I think we found that the E-3's CS2 with -1
> contrast came pretty close to the E-1's CS2 at 0 contrast. But I think it
> also matters a lot whether or not you are converting to aRGB or sRGB.  sRGB,
> CS2 and 0 contrast is pretty much a dead-ringer to Fuji 160s.

Never tried sRGB other than the first couple of exposures before I
switched the setting in the camera.

You're right about the contrast setting.  I think of -1 as normal on the E-3.

Joel W.