Re: [OM] OM One bid wonder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM One bid wonder
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 09:42:55 EST
I sympathize about the desire to avoid regretting certain things not
attempted, but speaking as someone who just heard and gave in to the Leica's
sweet callings....I have to say that much like the pursuit of a woman, the
anticipation and the thrill of the chase was much better than the  reality....
What do people say over and over that the Leica's strong suits  are...?
Their small size, their lightness, the bright, clear viewfinders, the  superb
glass.... we have all that in our OM system!  The Leica bodies  aren't the
problem, once you get one you'll need a second...still not the  problem....the
problem for me was the ensuing thousands and thousands  of dollars sunk
into the lenses and looking at them sitting in the cabinets and  still not
getting photographic results better than an OM and a Zuiko and  realizing all
that do-re-mi sitting there could be put to much better use in  this strange
economy.... (sigh) just my 2c and some ramblings thrown in for  free.....
YMMV.

George

In a message dated 12/24/2009 6:17:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, AG