Re: [OM] Set yourself a place...

Subject: Re: [OM] Set yourself a place...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:59:30 -0600

> I don't like oysters, Ken, but that sounds like a tradition worth
> preserving ...

Bouillabaisse it ain't, but sometimes simple and humble has its own charm.
As much as I like fine dining, I also like a peanut-butter sandwich.

For those who don't eat shellfish, I'll freely admit that you aren't missing
anything, and for those of you who enjoy fresh raw oysters on the half
shell, it ain't that either. This is a simple treat--probably quite American
in origin.

I did just look up some recipes and I'm going to try something a little
different. I think my version is an overly simplified version of something
that had already been too simplified.

AG