Re: [OM] Shoes

Subject: Re: [OM] Shoes
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:57:30 +0000
2009/12/26 Andrew Fildes wrote:

> Nicely. That's really rather good (especially the red satin pants).

Cheers!  Yeah, she was fun to work with too.

> Details? Was the animation done with Red or the 5D?
> What was used for post?

We did the animation with the 5D, and the Roller-blade segment; the dressing
up bit was all Red.

I'm not sure what the animator used to put her bits together, but most of it
was done in Final Cut.  I'm getting some good opportunities to trade 5D use
for film experience and Final Cut exposure.  Good times!

> I don't usually bother with vid - moving images are just
> so...uncontrolled. But the 5D2 calls out to me and in a moment of
> weakness I bought a little Rode shotgun mic the other day.

I went for a Zoom H4N - cross between a condenser stereo mike and a
four-track digital recorder in case I ever get anywhere with the filming
thing.  The other accessory I highly recommend is the Zacuto Z Finder -
being able to press the camera to your face while filming instead of being
stuck with the chimp position is a big step forwards...

http://www.pbase.com/tom_77/image/120117960

> Time to do
> some I think. Got a script I wrote here somewhere about a murderous
> pizza delivery boy. :-)
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Go for it!