Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:09:32 -0600
Thanks Scott.  I believe it occurs also on a warm boot, but that would
still be covered by your explanation, I believe.  The docs seem to
suggest it should not happen more than three times, so we'll see.  The
documentation is in about 13 languages and is doubtless equally poor
in all of them.

I will consider getting a DVI card.  I had never thought of using this
computer for any sort of work for which a DVI card would be required,
but times change.  The Samsung profiled quite easily and well with my
ancient Colorvision software and calibration "spyder."  The monitor is
quite a revelation.  I've not experienced anything quite as good as
what I am now seeing with it.  Much better for critical work, to say
the least!

Joel W.