Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:44:41 +0800
For the monitor issue you may try to download the latest display card driver
to see if it works.

For the Spyder, I'm glad you like it. I got a Spyder 2 Pro, I disabled them
in all the computers at home, it gives wrong gamma values (differ from
monitor to monitor) which does not match the need of an accurate sRGB
display. Same probem found at the TFT Central although it is the
Spyder2Express:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/spyder2express.htm

I paid $200 for it, it is really disappointing. Although changing to a third
party software seems worked very well but I believe it is better to save the
money for a better monitor. BTW, my current cheap EIZO L568 is able to
maintain a gamma error of less than 0.1 without calibration, it is good
enough to me for a while.

C.H.Ling