Re: [OM] Seen from the kitchen window

Subject: Re: [OM] Seen from the kitchen window
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:48:46 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Six eagles in your backyard !?
>
> We're very lucky you're a skilled photographer, and managed to make a
> beautiful photograph.

Indeed!

> Now, I will look up where Iowa is :-) ...

Nowhere. ;-)

> I'm lucky if a sparrow stays for half a minute in my backyard.

Feed them. They are all about eating and reproduction. It's a
competitive world out there. I have multiple feeders and many, many
birds of many kinds. If I stop feeding them, I'll be responsible for
local avian armageddon, as the population would greatly exceed the food
supply and birds would starve.

No eagles, though. They are really big fish hawks and hang around larger
bits of water with lots of fish in them, like the big river behind
Joel's house. I don't have that in my yard. :-)

Moose