[OM] OT - Maxwell Smart

Subject: [OM] OT - Maxwell Smart
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:20:09 -0200
Having read the consensus reached by C.H., Moose, Joel, Candace, Ken,
and forgive me if I forget to mention anyone else ... I'm studying how
to get rid of SmartWare. It's even more clumsy than agent 86: I deleted
all the folders into which some 10 files were not backed up, but it
insisted on that there was one, yes only one, which I had deleted but
remained impossible to back up.

I still don't know how to uninstall Mr. Don Adams, but I'm being warned
that I will loose these nice features of my WD functionality:

- The capacity gauge is illuminated only if the WD SmartWare software is
installed and
running on your computer.

- The power button only works if SmartWare is installed.
Note: After you power off the drive using the power button, if it remains
connected to your computer, you need to press the power button again to
turn it
back on. If you disconnected the drive after turning it off, when you
reconnect it
to your booted-up computer, it automatically powers on.

I can hardly understand what the note means :-(

Hope you people will be there tomorrow January 1st 2010, just in case XP
doesn't find this nice-looking _MASSIVE_ storage device.
So far, it always found my Stylus 720 SW, which is anything but massive.
So I should fear nothing.

More so because I'm sure this gang of geeky photographers will be there,
at my cry of *help!*.

Happy  New Year.

:-)

Fernando.

--
                        Gutta cavat lapidem, no vi sed saepe cadendo.