Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:44:12 -0600
Candace,

I use an 80GB WD external drive for weekly backup of ordinary work files,
but not for images.  I simply use Windows file copy procedures to copy my
files to a new folder identified by date.  If I query the disconnect icon
shortly after using the drive, it also tells me that the drive cannot be
disconnected now without consequences.  I just wait a while and try again.

The only time I have had a problem was when I did disconnect too quickly.
Apparently the drive does some "housekeeping" activity after each backup,
and, if interrupted, this can result in problems.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA