Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup - UPDATE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup - UPDATE
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 13:09:26 -0200
Some people, not me, believe a computer can be a front-end for an audio system.

I may accept a compromise regarding active loudspeakers - I can think
of two brands only at the moment.

But it's the same as with an iMac: if you are to replace a woofer
surround (to mention a minor and common issue only), you'll have to
wait until repaired without the loudspeakers and the amplifiers ... my
mother has an iMac, an old G3 model. The speaker surround broke and it
was very difficult to replace, even if having an original new
replacement. Plugged a pair of external speakers: now her iMac has
more cables ...., and it's a wonderful little machine, with a G3
processor and 0.5 GB of ram, it runs Tiger - better, I should write it
crawls Tiger. But my mother is happy: she's 80 and has a computer,
she's able to talk with my sister when she's back to Ireland.

Fernando.