Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT PC computers

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT PC computers
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 17:36:56 +0000
Brian Swale wrote:
> Some things about my Acer XP machine puzzle me. (40GB HDD)

I have no idea about the space suddenly expanding, but 40GB? Gigabytes
are as cheap as dirt! Why are you spending megabucks on cameras and
lenses when the files cause you computer issues which could be solved
for little money?

If you are intending to continue digitising your photography, Brian, I'd
suggest upgrading the technology. Seriously. Nowt wrong with XP, but I
just built a Windows 7 machine with four cores and 80GB for the
operating system and applications ALONE, 1TB primary storage. OK, I had
the motherboard sitting idle with 2GB memory spare, but total cost of
everything else wasn't 300 quid, including the case.

However you produce the files, if you're putting stuff on the web after
any post-processing you owe yourself an upgrade.

IMHO. YMMV. ;-)

D.

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.