Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:50:32 -0600

> But then, notoriously, the value of the PET bottle containing
> a litre of Coke was around seven times the value of the content and
> may still be. Madness indeed.

Not TOTAL madness, though.  The dark secret of the darkroom is that the PET
bottles are very stable for holding chemistry of nearly anything.  I've used
decommissioned pop bottles for years.  I slap labels all over them so there
is no mistaking the fact that drinking the contents will give you a Wizard
of Oz experience. Best part is that you can squeeze out the air which will
make the chemicals last longer.

As to the original plastic pop bottles, initially they were quite expensive
given the quantity of material used in making them. Not so much anymore. If
I recall correctly, today's soda bottles use like 1/8 the material of the
originals.

AG