Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 09:32:08 -0800
Fernando,

I just picked up a couple of these for a local group where I volunteer.
To back up our records and website.
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182180>

Added two of these:
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136317>

If one were looking for more than just occasional use or with a
harddrive that generates more heat something like this would be better:
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817173042>

This is a very simple backup solution that is easy to upgrade. We also
needed something that was easily portable and didn't require any special
software. The eSATA allows very fast data transfer for those with an
external port. Independent power supply.

Of course a NAS would be best if portability isn't a requirement.
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822155003>

Sorry, this doesn't help address your current problem though.

Mike