Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT PC computers

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT PC computers
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:18:55 +0000
Brian Swale wrote:

> Finally, Donald correctly noted that I have spent quite a lot of cash on
> cameras.  Unfortunately, I've had to spend much more as well, on some
> other things, and my financial reserves are running lower than I'm happy
> with.  And I won't achieve the degree of control I want, for maybe another 6
> months.
>
> At least I'm back home now and not using a landline that disconnects every
> 10 minutes or 140KB download whichever comes sooner !!
>
> Brian Swale.

I think we're all just trying to be helpful, Brian. ;-)

Can't you swap out the current hard drive into a new machine? You can
reactivate XP if you have a genuine reason for upgrading your hardware.
A barebones with your original drive plus a new, larger drive for
storage wouldn't be a huge outlay, even with a processor. I've re-used
the guts of several old machines in the course of my self-build career.
These things are pretty modular now.

D.

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.