Re: [OM] Tilt adapter for MFT with OM mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Tilt adapter for MFT with OM mount
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:59:21 +0200
Andrew,

After one has positioned the camera precisely, and then tilts the
lens, surely
the composition is going to change (often quite radically) because the
lens is
typically not being tilted around the lens' nodal axis. So, after
tilting,
one will typically have to re-position the camera.

Not a problem for studio work, but if one had shifting at one's
disposal, one could
typically tilt the lens, and then just shift to compensate and achieve
the correct
framing, without having to re-position the camera.

Not a major thing, but that was simply my point - tilting and shifting
kinda goes hand-in-hand
if one does not want to keep on re-positioning the camera.

cheers,
Dawid