Re: [OM] General Autofocusing Question [Very OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] General Autofocusing Question [Very OT]
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:53:38 -0600
Boris,

Apparently quite well, depending on the lens. The latest Nikons have no
screw drive, and you need to use AFX lenses, so they are becoming a little
like Canon. There is some sort of motor in the lens, but I don't know how or
why. I do know that my own AFS lenses AF quickly and reliably, but quicker
than the older lenses? Don't know.

I do know that all the Nikons that I've used focus quicker and hit the point
more reliably than my friends Canons.

Bill Pearce