Re: [OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:32:26 -0600

> You're not helping, Ken ... :-)  The E-P2 costs a fair amount in this
> country.

Yes, but doesn't that price include the viewfinder?

Oh, did I mention that the in-camera image-handling is better with the
Olympus and in-camera JPEGs are bloody excellent?

The EP-1/2 is a camera which you can palm very easily. It just sits in your
left hand just like the perfect cameras of old.  See picture of me holding
the E-P1:

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=460&Itemid=1

This is what it really comes down to in my book. The GF1 is a better camera
TODAY than the EP-1, pretty much equal to the EP-2. But two years from now
which one will wear better? In both Olympus and Panasonics cases, there are
mixed results in which models maintain desirability, but I believe with the
Pen series, the EP-1/2 will hold value well as they aren't JUST another
camera, but they represent something beyond just specifications. These are
cameras you want to have and shoot. The GF1 might very well fall into that
category too, but the G1/GH1 won't as those are more feature-counting
cameas. The GH1 is the best camera of the entire class, AT THIS TIME,
though.

AG