Re: [OM] Tilt adapter for MFT with OM mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Tilt adapter for MFT with OM mount
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:21:43 +1100
Yes, T AND S would be better of course but you can do a lot with tilt
alone.
Zoerk made tilt only adapters for MF lenses on 35mm which were
expensive and useful. High class product work is done with a monorail
but there's a lot of less demanding catalogue style work - a lot is
done with Nikon and Canon TS lenses - that's what the 90mm versions
are good at. But, to be fair, you don't get a lot of shift so good
tilt to shift the plane of focus plus a geared tripod head allows you
to get a high or low angle on a box, for instance and select an
appropriate plane of critical focus. Shift to correct keystoning is
less important.
That's how I understand the procedure. I saw an interesting article
some years back on how to modify the plate back for a Rolleiflex to
provide back tilt. The amounts were small but the effect in a
landscape was quite dramatic with even small increments of tilt.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx