Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 05:28:31 +1300
Chuck asked
> Can't get Newegg to ship?

Newegg USA will ship only to USA addresses and the purchasers must
specify only a USA bank account for a Newegg purchase.  There are no
exceptions to these rules.  I have had a discussion with one of their
customer reps.

Their system is totally automated, as you will find when you purchase. The
first thing in this regard that a non-USA would-be client notices is that when
they go to complete their postal address, there must be a USA State
chosen.  No USA state?;  no sale.

Newegg Canada is the same; only Canada state addresses are provided
for.

I didn't manage to penetrate Newegg China sufficiently to test this; in any
case I could not find the product I wanted in China.

All this is a great pity from my point of view, since their product
descriptions
are so good, with ample provision for public-viewed feedback from previous
purchasers, that one gets a very good idea of the capabilities of the product.

So much for the global marketplace !!

It's a bit frustrating, especially when one has had such great international
service (in my case, over 35 years) with B&H in New York.

Brian Swale.