Re: [OM] Images: Do these look right to you?

Subject: Re: [OM] Images: Do these look right to you?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:32:17 -0600
Thanks Candace.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel, They look very good to me, also. Saturation and brightness are not
> over done IMHO.

Good to know.  Confidence is growing.

> I noticed a horizontal "banding" going on in the sky on this image:
> http://jfwilcox.jalbum.net/Fall2009/slides/_B044606.html
>
> Is it just my monitor and me, or do you see it, too?

I could see it on my work monitor a little, then I could really see it
clearly here at home.  It is not a terribly strong, crisp image, and
for whatever reason my processes made it half the size I'd intended at
77K, which is too small a file for its dimensions on the screen,
probably.  I've redone it and made sure it's about 150K and it looks
much better to me, at least in terms of the banding.

Thanks for looking.  Your comments have been very helpful.

Joel W.