Re: [OM] Four recently printed images (90/2.0, 24/2.0, 50/1.4)

Subject: Re: [OM] Four recently printed images (90/2.0, 24/2.0, 50/1.4)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:13:27 +0200
Hi Brian,

Sorry about the long URLs - your mail client, or a mail server, is
forcing shorter lines I guess.

I will use TinyURL or SnipURL in the future to post image links.

I have not used the "Made In Japan" version of the 50mm f/1.8 -
I have the version right before the last version, simply stating
"Japan" but also already of the cheaper plastic-based construction.

I have never scientifically compared the two of them, I suspect if you
get a soft shot from either of them, it's operator error. Both are
stellar performers to my eyes.

Furthermore, I only shoot B&W, so I have no idea about colour
rendering or
chromatic aberration.

I got the f/1.4 lens about a month after the f/1.8 lens, and since
it's almost
as small, and certainly as good optically, I have not since used the f/
1.8 lens
again - it's now my loupe :-)

D.