Re: [OM] RM-1 remote shutter release device for E3

Subject: Re: [OM] RM-1 remote shutter release device for E3
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:07:46 +0100
Hi Chuck and all,

Another late reply...

>Search oboy for "FS-1100".  That's the Minolta to standard shoe adapter
>now long out of production.

I really don't understand why Minolta did such thing (using a non-standard
shoe) -- even before being absorbed by Sony :-(

>The real FS-1100 only provides three contacts which I
>think were for Minolta flash units prior to autofocus.  For sure no TTL
>with film gear.

I can't speak about AF-SLRs (never had one) or DSLRs (they really can't do
proper TTL!), but that adapter seems to do TTL with Manual Focusing Minolta
cameras, like the XD-11 and my beloved CLE:
<http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00M/00MizV-38779984.jpg>
<
http://media.photobucket.com/image/minolta%20cle/Tarantola/minolta_cle_3.jpg

BTW... latest Panasonic firmware updates are invalidating non-original
accessories, like batteries, remote releases, etc :-(

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)