Re: [OM] There's some wonderful photography here...

Subject: Re: [OM] There's some wonderful photography here...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 07:11:05 -0500
I didn't disbelieve the sunset shot.  The exposure is listed as 383
seconds (over 6 minutes) at ISO 100.  To the eye it must have been dark
or nearly so.  The photo is showing something we wouldn't normally see.

As to the starlit sky I believe the photo is a composite of two separate
exposures of sky and ground.  The exposure is listed as "8/5 sec".  I
have no idea what that's supposed to mean.  But I believe that the
exposure of the milky way is probably long enough that there would be
visible star trails (even at 10mm) unless the camera was guided during
exposure.  If so, the ground would be blurred.  Ergo, two separate
exposures combined in PS.

Chuck Norcutt