Re: [OM] Olympus mucking the retail trade around

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus mucking the retail trade around
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:19:20 +0000
I agree, that's not going to happen.  But the story was that Oly offered a
product that would be sold only through the independent outlets ... whatever
the truth of that.  I have a feeling that Andrew's take is probably the closest
to what happened.

Anyway, I fondled a Panny GF-1 today, in a shop that will sell it for GBP750
with 20mm; "oh, hang on, that's GBP700 my colleague tells me, he's just about
to change the ticket".  But that's still GBP70 more than their online business
will sell it to me ...

The market probably moves too quickly for a business to keep up, especially
after Christmas.

But I do like the Panny.

Chris