Re: [OM] OT, to some extent - the photog and the law

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, to some extent - the photog and the law
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:14:09 +1100
It seems unfortunate that the provisions of s44/45 were challenged in
the European Court over a situation where the use of them seems
reasonable and they were adhered to closely, although the court still
notes that it was a close call.
Where it should be examined is in reference to less clear cut cases
such as the Italian (?) film student who was harassed by police
officers while filming offices in London. Unfortunately, it is
unlikely that she has a protest organisation willing to fund the
challenge.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx